* Mark Warner was focused on "paying tribute to John Warner".
* Mark "admired how John approached issues and put the interest of the Commonwealth ahead of party" and added that as Governor, John was a "great partner".
* Mark added that he would "make his announcement in the next week" and hinted that he had already made a decision but as he said "My bumper sticker in 1996 was MarkNotJohn, today is about JohnNotMark".
* Mark will be on a major tour campaigning for legislative and local candidates downstate this weekend.
* Mark went with a light blue shirt, royal blue tie with small light blue stripes and a blue suit with pinstripes on it. Not a great outfit but fine for TV. Because of lighting, Mark had his back to the river, which was strange since the background shot would be Maryland- but I'm probably the only one who noticed that.
* Four reporters showed up including me. Politico.com, Channel 9, Washington Post and NLS. If you don't count the internet reporters, Mark had more staff come down for the statement (3) then reporters (2). More on this later, but the whole "Presidential" part of his campaign (handlers) is going to have to end quick if he wants to keep the local media happy.
* In my opinion Mark is the frontrunner for this seat, but there are a lot of very conservative Presidential year only voters in Virginia, especially in Hampton Roads and the Richmond suburbs that may not even know who Mark is. He is a narrow frontrunner, this will not be a slam dunk.
* For those of you still speculating, read between the lines:
|||||||||||||||||||||||||Mark Warner for Senate|||||||||||||||||||||||