------------------------------------------------- Thanks to everyone who emailed me in the last couple days with seat offers for the game tonight. Keep it coming this season! I ended up in Section 117 in between home plate and 3rd base on the lower level. Amazing seats! And the Nationals won 3-2 on a 9th inning home run. I will have more thoughts on the new ballpark and everything else up in the morning- but for now, I'd encourage everyone to check out this and this. They are both articles from Marc Fisher in the last two days on baseball and are excellent reads on how exciting this is. Especially for those of us who grew up in this area without baseball.
Oh- and the Nats are in First Place!
UPDATE: A few thoughts from the game:
1) Marion Barry was next to me in the line to get in the game. He's going to check out this blog today. I, like many others in the line was shocked and offended that the Mayor for Life had to wait in line to get in the game.
2) Tim Russert was in my section and could barely make it up the steps. Maybe instead of talking about who will be Vice President, we should ask who is next in line to host Meet the Press.
3) The VIP Section behind home plate was 3/4 empty by the 5th inning. Pathetic.
4) The METRO system was the best I have ever seen it after an event, the stations were overstaffed with large trains waiting, and making sure every car was full before leaving. Wonderful job.
5) The kinks from the exhibition game with the food were gone last night- getting food took less than an inning, and it was a quick inning.
6) The new stadium is fabulous.
7) Those who left opening night early for any reason are asses, and there needs to be a website to publish their names for public shame.
Delegate Chris Saxman continues to own the overall lead in the field of 207! Nice job Chris!
Here is each of the potential national champions. Under each one are the people who could win our tourney if they end up winning it all. This list will get much shorter after the games tomorrow:
If UNC Wins the National Championship the possible winners are Sax Bracket (4 Scenarios) Not Mary Dotson (2 Scenarios) Mason Wins One (2 Scenarios)
If UCLA Wins the National Championship the possible winners are NMM Guesses (3 Scenarios) Randy Marcus (2 Scenarios) John Marshall (1 Scenario) Si Se Puede! (1 Scenario) Mo Siziak Experience (1 Tie Scenario) Gardner (1 Tie Scenario)
If Kansas Wins the National Championship the possible winners are Brian Moran (1 Scenario) Rowhey (1 Scenario) Donkey Breath (1 Scenario) In a Word Hokies SCREWED (1 Tie Scenario) Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint (1 Tie Scenario)
If Davidson Wins the National Championship the possible winners are Sax Bracket (1 Scenario Win, 1 Scenario Tie) Rowhey (1 Scenario) Mason Wins One (1 Scenario) Randy Marcus (1 Scenario Tie) If Memphis Wins the National Championship the possible winners are RHarrison (2 Scenarios) Rowhey (1 Scenario) Mrdefibrush (1 Scenario)
If Texas Wins the National Championship the possible winners are Fighting Gazelles (3 Scenarios) Sam (1 Scenario)
------------------------ Current Standings (Elected Official Division) Delegate Chris Saxman- 98 points Congresswoman Leslie Byrne- 86 points Senator Chap Petersen- 80 points Delegate Chuck Caputo- 78 points Senator Ken Cuccinelli- 77 points Congressman Jim Moran- 76 points Delegate Brian Moran- 76 points Delegate Kris Amundson- 75 points Delegate David Bulova- 74 points Delegate Ed Scott- 73 points Governor Tim Kaine- 72 points Chairman Corey Stewart- 65 points Delegate Tim Hugo- 64 points Senator Creigh Deeds- 60 points Senator Brandon Bell- 57 points Delegate David Englin- 24 points
VIP Reception 5:30 PM-6:00 PM
General Reception: 6:00 PM-7:30 PM
Cocktails and a buffet will we served
At the home of
Bob and Mary Ann Hovis
2700 Green Holly Springs Court
Oakton, VA 22124
VIP Reception (Photo Line): $2,300
Co-Host (Special Acknowledgement): $1,000 Contribute or Raise
Byrne Brigade Member: $500 Tickets: $100
PLEASE DONATE WHATEVER YOU CAN AFFORD OVER THE $100 TICKET- THIS IS IMPORTANT! Donate on the Blue Majority Page or just bring a check to the event!